Available to those organization in the Wichita area whose memberships are predominantly composed of persons engaged in engineering and promote the practice and the profession of engineering.
Each member society represented by one delegate and one alternate.
- AIAA - American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics ⤴
For more than 65 years, the American Institute of Aeronautics and
Astronautics (AIAA) has been the principal society of aerospace
engineers and scientists. Officially formed in 1963 through a
merger of the American Rocket Society (ARS) and the Institute of
Aerospace Sciences (IAS), AIAA's purpose is, "to advance the arts,
sciences, and technology of aeronautics and astronautics, and to
promote the professionalism of those engaged in these pursuits".
🔗 American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics - Wichita Chapter
- AICHE - American Institute of Chemical Engineers ⤴
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers, AIChE, was founded
in 1908. AICHE is a professional association of more than 50,000
members that provides leadership in advancing the chemical engineering
profession. Its members are creative problem-solvers who use their
scientific and technical knowledge to develop processes and design
and operate plants to make useful products at a reasonable cost.
Chemical engineers are also at the forefront of research to assure
the safe and environmentally-sound manufacture, use, and disposal
of chemical products. AIChE fosters and disseminates chemical
engineering knowledge, supports the professional and personal
growth of its members, and applies the expertise of its members
to address societal needs throughout the world.
🔗 American Institute of Chemical Engineers - Wichita Chapter
- ASCE - American Society of Civil Engineers ⤴
ASCE was founded in 1852, the American Society of Civil Engineers
represents more than 133,000 members of the civil engineering
profession worldwide, and is America's oldest national engineering
society.ASCE's vision is to position engineers as global leaders
building a better quality of life. The Society celebrated its 150th
anniversary in 2002.
🔗 American Society of Civil Engineers - Wichita Chapter
- ASHRAE - American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air-Condition Engineers ⤴
ASHRAE will advance the arts and sciences of heating, ventilation,
air conditioning, refrigeration and related human factors to serve
the evolving needs of the public and ASHRAE members.
🔗 American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air-Condition Engineers - Wichita Chapter
- ASME - American Society of Mechanical Engineers ⤴
Founded in 1880 as the American Society of Mechanical Engineers,
today's ASME is a 120,000-member professional organization focused
on technical, educational and research issues of the engineering
and technology community. ASME conducts one of the world's largest
technical publishing operations, holds numerous technical conferences
worldwide, and offers hundreds of professional development courses
each year. ASME sets internationally recognized industrial and
manufacturing codes and standards that enhance public safety.
🔗 American Society of Mechanical Engineers - Wichita Chapter
- AFE - Association for Facilities Engineering (Inactive Chapter) ⤴
The Association for Facilities Engineering (AFE) is a not-for-profit
membership organization that provides education, certification,
technical information, and other relevant resourses for plant and
facility engineering, operations, and maintenance professionals
🔗 Association for Facilities Engineering - Wichita Chapter
- ASNT - American Society for Nondestructive Testing ⤴
The American Society for Nondestructive Testing, Inc. (ASNT) is
the world's largest technical society for nondestructive testing
(NDT) professionals. Through our organization and membership, we
provide a forum for exchange of NDT technical information; NDT
educational materials and programs; and standards and services
for the qualification and certification of NDT personnel. ASNT
promotes the discipline of NDT as a profession and facilitates
NDT research and technology applications.
🔗 American Society for Nondestructive Testing (inactive) - Wichita Chapter
- IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers ⤴
The IEEE (Eye-triple-E) is a non-profit, technical professional
association of more than 377,000 individual members in 150
countries. The full name is the Institute of Electrical and
Electronics Engineers, Inc., although the organization is most
popularly known and referred to by the letters I-E-E-E.Through
its members, the IEEE is a leading authority in technical areas
ranging from computer engineering, biomedical technology and
telecommunications, to electric power, aerospace and consumer
electronics, among others.
📧 Mark Olive
- IIE - Institute of Industrial Engineers ⤴
IIE is the world's largest professional society dedicated solely
to the support of the industrial engineering profession and
individuals involved with improving quality and productivity.
Founded in 1948, IIE is an international, nonprofit association
that provides leadership for the application, education, training,
research, and development of industrial engineering.
🔗 Institute of Industrial Engineers - Wichita Chapter
- INCOSE - International Council on Systems Engineering ⤴
The International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE) is a
not-for-profit membership organization founded to develop and
disseminate the interdisciplinary principles and practices that
enable the realization of successful systems. Mission - Share,
promote and advance the best of systems engineering from across
the globe for the benefit of humanity and the planet. The Great
Plains chapter of INCOSE is the local systems engineering chapter.
🔗 International Council on Systems Engineering - Wichita Chapter
- ISA - Instrument Society of America ⤴
- The Instrumentation, Systems, and Automation Society is a 33,000-member global, nonprofit, educational organization connecting people and ideas in automation. The Society fosters advancement in the theory, design, manufacture, and use of sensors, instruments, computers, and systems for automation in a wide variety of applications. In addition to hosting the largest conferences and exhibitions for automation in the Western Hemisphere, ISA is a leading technical training organization and a respected publisher of books, magazines, and standards. ISA also serves the professional development and certification needs of industry professionals and practitioners with its Certified Automation Professional (CAP), Certified Control Systems Technician (CCST), and Certified Industrial Maintenance Mechanics (CIMM) programs; and the Control Systems Engineers (CSE) license.
- NSBE - National Society of Black Engineers ⤴
NSBE's mission is to increase the number of culturally responsible
Black engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally
and positively impact the community. NSBE is comprised of more
than 270 chapters on college and university campuses, 75 Alumni
Extension chapters nationwide and 75 Pre-College chapters. These
chapters are geographically divided into six regions.
🔗 National Society of Black Engineers - Wichita Chapter
- PMI - Project Management Institute ⤴
PMI is the world's largest not-for-profit membership association
for the project management profession. Our professional resources
and research empower more than 700,000 members, credential holders
and volunteers in nearly every country in the world to enhance their
careers, improve their organizations' success and further mature
🔗 Project Management Institute - Wichita Chapter
- SAMPE - Society for Advancement of Materials and Process Engineering ⤴
Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering,
founded in 1944, is an international education and scientific
association dedicated to the advancement of new materials and
processes. The Society sponsors technical conferences and
exhibitions, publishes Proceedings, technical books and other
🔗 Society for Advancement of Materials and Process Engineering - Wichita Chapter
- SAME - Society of American Military Engineers ⤴
- The Society of American Military Engineers (SAME), the premier professional military engineering association in the United States, unites architecture, engineering, construction (A/E/C), facility management and environmental entities and individuals in the public and private sectors to prepare for and overcome natural and manmade disasters, and to improve security at home and abroad.
- SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers ⤴
SAE is a non-profit educational and scientific organization
dedicated to advancing mobility technology to better serve
humanity. Over 83,000 engineers and scientists, who are SAE
members, develop technical information on all forms of self-propelled
vehicles including automobiles, trucks and buses, off-highway
equipment, aircraft, aerospace vehicles, marine, rail, and transit
systems. SAE disseminates this information through its meetings,
books, technical papers, magazines, standards, reports, professional
development programs, and electronic databases.
🔗 Society of Automotive Engineers - Wichita Chapter
- SME - Society of Manufacturing Engineers ⤴
The Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) is the world's
leading resource Where Manufacturing Comes Together - both people
and information - to advance manufacturing knowledge.Innovation,
productivity, flexibility, and continuous improvement are key
ingredients to success in the constantly evolving world of manufacturing.
At the core of everything SME does is the belief that continuous
learning is the most effective way for individuals and organizations
to accomplish these objectives and gain a sustainable competitive
🔗 Society of Manufacturing Engineers - Wichita Chapter
- SPE - Society of Petroleum Engineers ⤴
- Vision: Enable the global oil and gas E&P industry to share technical knowledge needed to meet the world's energy needs in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- SPE - Society of Plastics Engineers ⤴
- The Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) is a leading international organization dedicated to the advancement of knowledge and education for all plastics professionals. Founded in 1942, today SPE is home to more than 20,000 plastics professionals in the United States and more than 70 countries around the world.
- WSPE - Wichita Society of Professional Engineers ⤴
The Kansas Society of Professional Engineers (KSPE) is a professional
organization offering a tri-level membership at the national, state,
and local levels to approximately 1000 engineers practicing in Kansas.
Members work in a variety of capacities and are a diversified group
with backgrounds in all engineering disciplines. The KSPE goal is
to promote, recognize, and enhance the engineering profession by
delivering professional development products and services, encouraging
licensure, and advocating legislation and public policy for the
betterment of human welfare and the profession.
🔗 Wichita Society of Professional Engineers
- SAWE - Society of Allied Weight Engineers ⤴
(SAWE) goals are to promote mass properties engineering as a
specialized discipline and to provide a means for those interested
in mass properties engineering to work together to further their
professional goals. Since it's inception in 1939, the SAWE has
grown to include 22 chapters located in the United States, Canada,
Central Europe, and the United Kingdom and has members from over
22 countries. The Society promotes technical interchange between
its members through international and regional conferences, the
Weight Engineering Journal, specialized training, technical papers
and a growing number of professional publications.
🔗 Society of Allied Weight Engineers - Wichita Chapter